Personal Injury Attorneys
Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys
The quality of your personal injury attorney will make a difference in your settlement process. Being injured in an accident can be daunting, to say the least. Maybe you’re wondering how you’ll pay your medical bills or make up for lost wages. A personal injury settlement can help you do both.
At 1-800-US-LAWYER, we’ve been helping Detroit area residents receive compensation for their injuries since we opened our doors. The main goals at 1-800-US-LAWYER are getting you back on the road to recovery and helping you gain the financial security you need. Contact us for a case evaluation.
Experienced Injury Attorney
At 1-800-US-LAWYER we have many experience in every area of personal injury law including motor vehicle crashes, slip & fall accidents, bicycle accidents, dog bites, pedestrian injuries, wrongful death, traumatic injuries and workplace injuries.
Medical expenses can add up in a hurry if you have been in an accident. The medical bills, rehabilitation costs, and lost wages all take their toll on you. Intangible side effects such as depression and post-traumatic stress can diminish your quality of life. If this sounds familiar, you may be wondering if you have legal recourse beyond an initial insurance claim.
This is where a personal injury lawsuit can prove beneficial. If you’ve been injured as the direct result of someone else’s legal fault, you may be eligible for compensation. Contacting the 1-800-US-LAWYER is the first step to financial recovery.
What Is Negligence?
All personal injury claims hinge on the idea of negligence, which is the legal term for fault. For example, if someone gets behind the wheel of a car drunk, crashes into your vehicle, and injures you, that person is guilty of negligence.
Negligence is rooted in the idea that we all have a duty to exercise reasonable care around one another. We don’t, for example, run across the street without checking for traffic; that would be careless. Proving your personal injury claim will be a matter of demonstrating that the person who caused your injuries was negligent or not reasonably careful.
Proving a Personal Injury Claim
A successful personal injury claim is comprised of four basic elements. You must prove:
- The entity you’re suing owed you a duty of care. For example, a physician is required to follow a standard of care when administering treatment.
- The responsible party violated that duty of care (committing negligence).
- Negligence led to your injuries.
- You incurred specific damages.
What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
Personal Injury refers to a broad area of the law in which victims of accidents may pursue damages from the person at fault. This aspect of the civil court system plays a vital role in our democracy for several reasons:
- It provides hope for those who feel they’ve run out of options. Even with an insurance claim and disability insurance, an injury can affect an individual physically and emotionally, leading to financial uncertainty. A personal injury settlement can provide that security for those who need it most.
- Too often, businesses and corporations think they can get away with cutting corners and shoddy business practices. A personal injury lawsuit sends a clear message: You are responsible for your actions, and you will be held accountable for them.
Do I Qualify for a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
If you’ve been injured as the result of someone else’s negligence, you may have legal grounds for a personal injury claim. At 1-800-US-LAWYER, we have extensive experience in many areas of personal injury law. Here are some examples of the types of cases we handle:
- Motor Vehicle Collisions- We help victims of car, bus, truck, and motorcycle collisions receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering.
- Wrongful Death- We know nothing can make up for the devastating loss of a loved one, but a wrongful death settlement provides financial security for survivors, allowing families to focus on healing.
- Product Liability Cases. Those who manufacture, distribute, or sell products must follow guidelines that help keep consumers safe. Those who don’t may be guilty of negligence.
- Premise Liability Cases- Businesses must similarly keep their properties safe for the public, and failing to rectify a defect is against the law.
- Workplace Injuries- If you’ve been injured at work, you may be eligible to collect workers’ compensation benefits, but you may also have recourse beyond the initial claim.
Contact 1-800-US-LAWYER At Any Time
If you think you have legal grounds for a personal injury claim, your next step is to contact us at 1-800-US-LAWYER for a free initial consultation. We’re committed to helping families receive fair and just compensation for their injuries.