Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Call Us Today About Your Bicycle Accident
If you’ve been involved in an accident with a motorized vehicle while cycling, you may find yourself with the difficult task of establishing blame. Finding an experienced lawyer for bicycle accidents is an important first step toward receiving a fair and just settlement for the injuries you have sustained. Rest assured that when you call 1-800-US-LAWYER you are contacting a law firm that has years of experience in bicycle injuries and fighting to get the injured the compensation they deserve.
For many cyclists, sharing the road with car and truck drivers can be both dangerous and frustrating. It’s often the case that bikers are not given the respect needed by drivers of motorized vehicles, and in cases where the road layout may not have been conceived with cyclists in mind, it can result in a multitude of hazards and risks. Contact us today to talk about your injury.
Types Of Injuries Sustained In Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents can result in a number of serious injuries. One of the most serious is a brain injury. Although wearing a safety helmet can reduce the risk of brain injury to a degree, it is not 100% effective at preventing a head injury. At higher speeds, the chance of the accident proving fatal increases dramatically. It’s crucial for motorists to respect bicyclists on the road. The most common types of injuries our expert bicycle accident attorneys have seen include:
- Traumatic brain injuries, such as concussions
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in permanent disability or paralysis
- Lacerations sustained from debris, which can cause heavy blood loss
- Friction burns, most commonly referred to as road rash, which describes the severe scrapes and heat burn injuries suffered by sliding across the road at high speeds over long distances
- Broken bones from impact, which can result in internal hemorrhaging and are extremely painful
Experienced Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As with any personal injury case, obtaining just compensation depends upon the ability of your local personal injury lawyer to prove negligence on part of the defendant. Doing so requires establishing three things:
- The defendant had a duty to act with reasonable care. For example, drivers are expected to stay in their lanes and signal appropriately when they intend to shift lanes. Drifting into a bicycle lane or using it to pass illegally would not be acting with reasonable care.
- They breached this duty to act with reasonable care by some action. This may be speeding, running a stop sign or red light, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The defendant’s breach of duty directly resulted in the victim’s injuries. The plaintiff must prove that the injuries would not have been sustained had the defendant acted with reasonable care.
Bicyclists may be held accountable if they are unsafe on the road and contribute to an accident. For example, if a bicyclist makes an illegal maneuver and another car must swerve to avoid hitting the bicyclist and they hit another vehicle, the bicyclist may be held responsible for the damages. While drivers need to be extra cautious around bicyclists, bicyclists need to follow the rules of the road as any other driver would.
In any bike accident case, the victims will probably have an easier time recovering just compensation if they retain the services of a competent and reliable bicycle accident attorney. At 1-800-US-LAWYER, our team is dedicated to exploring every possible avenue of compensation for our clients. When a driver’s negligence injures someone on a bicycle, the driver should be held responsible.
Call 1-800-US-LAWYER today for a consultation, and our team of legal professionals can provide a comprehensive overview of your case. When you contact us we will explain the types of damages you may be eligible to collect, including medical expenses, property damage, the costs of ongoing necessary medical treatments and physical therapy, and pain and suffering.